During the shutdown, the IRS is still offering the following services:
- Processing electronic and paper filed returns
- Processing disaster relief transcripts
- Design and printing of tax forms
- Accepting payments
- Issuing tax refunds!
During the shutdown, the IRS is NOT offering the following services:
- Answering phone calls – try it 800-829-1040
- Processing 1040X amended returns
- Conducting audits or examinations of returns
Although the IRS has yet to announce a beginning to the 2019 tax season, we encourage you to continue planning for the upcoming tax season and suggest you take this tax update webinar to make sure you’re up-to-date on all the new tax changes before the season starts.